Sunday, February 25, 2007

Industry Conference followups, Part II

Dear Mauricio,

It was nice meeting you at [Industry Conference West]. To refresh your memory, we stood in front of the registration desk for a while shooting the breeze with Frank Mayer. Attached is a copy of my resume. I hope to see you again, perhaps in New York in August.

Enjoy,
Articulate
Hi Articulate,

Yes, I remember meeting you!!!
Please refresh my memory some more, what was it that I was supposed to do with your resume? Would you like me to look around at [Company]? Anything in particular you are interested in?

Cheers,
Mauricio
_____________________________________________
Mauricio Huppman
Global Sales Manager, [Company]
Hi Mauricio,

Certainly if there is an appropriate position for me at [Company] I would be interested. I won't hold you to finding one though. My primary field of interest at the moment is [rather full details]. I am recently making the shift from an academic focused career toward the commercial field of [Applied Research]. I was inspired by the conference, and am looking for a niche to enter the field. If you have any ideas or suggestions, can think of anyone to introduce me to, or whom I should contact, please let me know.

In any case, it was a treat to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you again.

Enjoy,
Articulate
Articulate,

Well, I tend to think that [Company] has the best [relevant product] around. That's what they tell us in sales anyway ;-)

I forwarded your resume to a few folks - Our chief scientist (the closest thing to having a CTO), manager of our [relevant product] lab in the UK and a manager I know well in the services group.

Check out [URL]. Local consulting company with worldwide customer engagements. They are well connected in the industry and with customers. They can help you understand, among other things, if your skills are directly applicable as a professional service directly with customers. If yes, they are the place to go to for that. If you are interested I can provide introductions to their principals - I know them all.

Regards,
Mauricio

No comments: