Monday, April 16, 2007

What a difference a week made

We returned from our trip yesterday evening. This morning, I stepped onto the back patio, with a fresh cup of joe, to peer at the garden I had left behind a week before. The jungle that appeared before me bore only some resemblance to my memory. I picked the first two zucchinis, each about a foot long. Green tomatoes appear in profusion, promising a deluge of red come May. The beans are in bloom, and the first blossoms peek out from the tiny pepper plants. A couple plants provide recognizable though immature acorn squash. The carrot tops are six inches above ground.

Abundance and growth. Out of what? Letting go.
Is this a metaphor for life?

3 comments:

Nik said...

Don't you know it. The rough part is, knowing that letting go bring the ripest fruit doesn't mean that you can fake the letting go. You actually had to do it. So bravo to that.

Breena Ronan said...

I'm jealous of your garden!

L said...

AWESOME Garden!! I'm envious too...