Friday, July 28, 2006

ooh, some good news

I'm pleased and proud. My "dissertation distillation" article is now online! And I'm tickled that it is the first article of this journal (3rd issue) to incorporate multimedia elements that help justify the online nature of the publication. There are some things you simply can't do in static print. Anyone who's truly interested, drop me an email, and I'll send you the link.

Got working today on my next article submission. I haven't forgotten my goal to submit four articles this summer. I took a look over the submission deadlines for several conference calls for papers. I've got a feeling I'll be doing quite a bit of travelling next year. Once I've satisfied myself with immediate article submissions (whether it's four or two), I'm going to get serious about a book proposal.

Remember that search from the publisher? See, I met with their [Field 1] editor a few years ago, when I organized and chaired an unusual conference panel in Belgium. I was surprised and pleased to receive the email from the editor requesting a meeting at the conference, to discuss possibilities, but at that point, I was barely ABD, and needed to take care of my dissertation before I launched another project. If they're still interested enough in me to wonder what I'm up to, I might as well cultivate my interest in them.

_____

The inlaws arrive tomorrow, for a week. The Rocket Scientist will be taking time off. It should be (another) good break from things, just to enjoy life. I'm feeling a bit better about it all, trying to remember that "three year fellowship" plan. Reading over my article on line, and the rest of the journal, reminds me how happy I really am in my work. I need to get back to it. Job applications be damned, if need be.

1 comment:

L said...

Oh, I'm so glad the article is up! It's always good to work on publications too, I should be doing more of that, though I did get a paper accepted this year.