Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tentative Applause

This from the acquisitions editor at a publisher I recently contacted:
Dear Articulate,

I have now had a chance to read through your book ideas.

I am certainly interested in taking a look at your dissertation. I will also need you to complete one of our proposal questionnaires and send me details of how you intend to revise the dissertation into a book.

Regarding your [longitudinal project], I think this could well be suitable for consideration in our new series, [Series Title]. Could you also complete a proposal questionnaire for this project?

And your follow-up work to your dissertation also sounds like an area that would be suitable for us. Again, if you could complete a questionnaire in order for me to consider further, that would be very helpful.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Inge

2 comments:

Greg Weeks said...

That's great news--definitely explain the changes you'll make to the dissertation, so they'll know you aren't just going to hand it to them as a book manuscript. I've talked to editors who have that happen quite a lot.

Leslie M-B said...

Woohoo! That's exciting news.