Thursday, November 30, 2006

A "Thank you!"

Hi Articulate,

Just wanted to say thank you again for coming all the way to Lemon University and giving such a wonderful talk. The students were interested and enjoyed it. You're a terrific speaker--enthusiastic and upbeat and positive, good at keeping students' attention. And the subject was really really interesting. Several students commented today on how interested they were in what you talked about.

So, thank you! I hope you're around next year and we can do the same thing.

Oh, and don't forget to send me your resume. I've talked to a couple of people already and I'd upgrade the moderate to good chance I mentioned last night to a pretty good chance of a part-time gig for next academic year, if you're around and interested. There are 2 faculty members, the admin director (you met him) and the dean to convince. I've got one of the faculty and the admin director convinced. I think I can convince the other faculty. I'm not sure about the dean, but I'll do my best.

Take care,
Sara
This will happen, right? All of this effort and energy, commitment and drive will lead somewhere, won't it? I mean, I'm not a schmuck. I'm not lost in a classroom. I'm not without ideas for research. I will get a suitable job, right? There will be a happy ending, yes?

No comments: