Monday, March 27, 2006

Cruel anticipation

My Vonage service sends me an email every time I get a new voice mail, with the calling phone number in the message. Wow, I thought, I don't recognize that area code; could be a school calling to interview me. Hmmm... 10 second message, looks good. Brief, and to the point... My heart starts pounding in anticipation. I open up the vonage voice mail screen, and click on the message, expecting something like:
Hello, Dr. ______, this is _____ calling you from the University of ______, on behalf of the _____ search committee. Please give us a call at ###-###-#### at your convenience. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Instead, I got
Hello, this is your Arrowhead water service, calling to remind you that your local delivery-person will be in your area tomorrow for your regularly scheduled delivery. If you would like to make any changes to your order, please leave a note with your empties. Thank you for using Arrowhead...
[aaarrrggh!] [SIGH] Ah well, back to the drawing board.

No comments: