Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beautiful Nowhere

Here's the description of Beatiful Nowhere, from one of the links sent me by Human Resources at TPU:
Beautiful Nowhere is a rural community located in a scenic, mountainous region 30 miles south of Small City [known for housewares manufacturing] and 48 miles north of Never Heardofit. The area is noted for its quality of life and numerous recreational opportunities. The university falls within _____ County which is home to three state parks, two federal parks, seven lakes, the _____ Rail Trail (hiking, bicycling, x-country skiing trail), and the 50-mile long gorge of the __________ Canyon. ... Regional attractions include the Small City Museum of [Housewares], the _____ Lakes and wineries ..., and the _________ River and ___________ Mountains range.
Sounds pretty. We'll see how the interview goes, and I'll try to figure out if the logistics will work.
Oh I'm a dues-paying member of the academic class
paying dues
paying dues
where's the class?
where's the class?

I'm a dues-paying member of the academic class
will the dues that I pay
give me class
give me class?

4 comments:

Ahistoricality said...

That's going to drive me nuts for days, trying to figure out where that school is. I'm having visions of upstate New York.... but it doesn't seem quite right.

ArticulateDad said...

Come on, you've got to be better at clandestine internet searches than that. Just out of curiosity I tried it, and found the place in a matter of seconds. You just got to know what to look for. :)

Ahistoricality said...

Silly me: I was trying to think it through.

But Google has all the answers (just ask my students!), especially for finding un-attributed text (just ask my plagiarists...).

ArticulateDad said...

Ahi... there you go thinking again. Of course, for this sort of thing, I prefer Altavista (aka Yahoo) over Google.