Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sign off, redux

I finished the syllabus for the application to TCU, quite a good and thorough one. I'm sure I'll be able to use it wherever I wind up. I've printed off all of the relevant materials, and put them in a large envelope, entrusting my wife to express them out tomorrow. They just need to arrive by the 15th, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I have a cab coming at 7:30 am tomorrow to take me to the airport, on my way to Beautiful Nowhere. I've gathered up all the materials I'll be taking with me to prep for my teaching demo. For my sanity, I'll be reading up on the topic, as much to simply distract me, as to hone up. I think it will help me remain focused, rather than nervous. 50 minutes, that's the time I've got to fill. That should be easy. I've got to hit the sack soon, just as soon as I'm sure I've got everything packed and ready to go.

There are still more job applications (temporary posts all) to file when I get back to town. And I won't be able to come up for air any time soon. (Sorry, it's a perfectly common expression, but these days all I can think about when I say it is "bubble boy" at Lincoln Center). But I don't really want to at this point. I feel like I'm on a roll. I want to get out four articles this summer. That's my goal.

Get famous! That's my task. I've got to remember.