Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Starting over, again

[SIGH]...

I recall a one-panel cartoon from several years ago. It was a couple of super-wealthy guys at a cocktail party, one regaling the other with the horrors of being treated like a plebe. He complained that at some restaurant he even had to peel his own grapes or some such nonsense. I laughed, but I remember having a strange sort of epiphany.

You know, I realized, we've all got our complaints, based on what we're accustomed to. As ridiculous as it might seem to someone from a different background, the stress of not getting what we expect is real.

Tonight we got an email from our new real estate agent, essentially resigning from the assignment, before she even started.

[SIGH] ... so here I am, wondering if I am spoiled. Sure, we own a house. Maybe it's our comeuppance that we're having difficulties selling it. Or, who knows, maybe it won't sell for a reason. Maybe I'll wind up with a job near our old stomping grounds, and the house will come in handy. Just looking for a silver lining.

Well, I just needed to vent. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm sorry to hear about the house frustrations.