Wednesday, February 22, 2006

... still going ...

Where's the Energizer bunny?

Up to 12,079 edited words. It doesn't look like this is getting any shorter. Hmmm. I keep getting more ideas of whom to send it to. I wish it were as simple as just sending it to a journal. It's possible the chief editor would be kind enough to inform me promptly if they find it inappropriate for their journal, but I'm not sure I can rely on that.

Maybe I simply have to suck it up, and deal with the potential for a long silence and delay. Who knows, maybe I won't have trouble publishing it. I guess this prompts me to write up a good abstract, once the whole thing is edited, and see where that gets me. I mean, who's going to read a 20,000 word article if they don't need to? And a decent abstract will help them make a decision more rapidly. I know some journals ask for the abstract up front, but others don't. I'm not asking for special favors; I'm just trying to find (and expand) the audience for this research.

Well, plugging along.

No comments: