Sunday, February 26, 2006

Submitted!

I clicked "submit". Gee!

This is a big deal for me. This isn't just any article. It's the essence of my work over the past 5 years, well of my dissertation work in any case. I'm honestly damn proud of it. God knows, I've read it and reread it a dozen times this past week, changing here, adding there, deleting this, moving that.

The reformatting was tedious, but in a way kind of fun. It's interesting how much thought you have to put into changing from one style to another. But it's done. I sent it off.

I'm giddy. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, though tomorrow will be a long day for me. The wife is taking her fourth and final sailing lesson (from the package I got her as a birthday gift). Tomorrow she'll be gone all day (9-5), and it being a Sunday, that means I'm double-dad full-time. We'll have fun (but dealing with the flu and lack of sleep...). Hmmm... maybe I should have a stiff drink and hit the sack. (Dryden should be pleased.)

1 comment:

Yr. Hmbl. & Obdt. said...

I am. Deeply. Whyever did the good Lord create a day of rest, if not for alcohol-induced stupors?