Great program on The Infinite Mind, heard on NPR. It reminds me of my favorite class from my undergraduate days. It was a course on Anthropological Linguistics. One day (or one week, I can't remember) the conversation focused on names. Boy it struck me then. My name's important to me.
I remember being amused by the psychologist named Boring, and the neuroscientist named Brain. Inspired by the radio segment, especially the part on Alan Berliner and Grace Lee, here's a little meme on names. Surely, you've all googled your name. So, tell us about others who share your name.
When I google my name, here's what I come up with:
1) Well, there's me, of course.
2) an astrologer in San Francisco.
3) a lawyer in London.
4) one random post (by a namesake) on the NBA preseason (definitely not me)
5) a history professor in Canada.
6) a rabbi who does educational television (incidentally married to a woman with my mother's name).
7) an IT professional in Australia.