I finished my initial pass editing of the dissertation distillation article. I pared it down just a little from where it was. At the moment, I have an article of 19,422 words, including 26 examples out of 80 some in the dissertation. I'll have to sleep on it, and review it all again tomorrow, as one coherent whole. I'm ahead of my schedule a bit, as I hoped to have it done by the end of this week. What I do with it now (or once I've completed a second editing pass), I'm not sure. I will plan to send it off either to someone(s) for feedback, or simply submit it as is to one of a handful of journals.
Then, I get back to this massive literature review of materials for my next big project. I have a stack of articles, and half a shelf of books that are begging for attention.